Friday, March 19, 2010

Pictures of Jack's MRI

I was fortunate enough to get a chance to see Jack's MRI scan today. It is very disturbing. If you are upset about the images I apologize. I feel that I have committed to this blog, and will post all information as I receive it. These are 3 pictures taken with my iPhone off a computer so they are not the very best images, but you will get the point. The cyst can be seen on the left side of the skull in the photos. It is white in one photo and grey/black in the other two. The doctor says that once they fenestrate the cyst, the empty space will remain in Jack's head. His whole brain is formed and in his head, but the cyst has pushed it out of the way. So, removing it, or draining it, will stop it from growing and hopefully any pressure that it is causing on the brain will be alleviated.



1 comment:

  1. Wow Erica, I can not believe the size of the cyst. I can completely understand your desire to have the cyst drained, with a mass of that size in your child's skull, pressing on his brain, I would be in the same boat. Can't wait to see what the other doctor says.

    ReplyDelete